Monday, December 13, 2010

Salisbury Meatballs

I was looking for a twist on Salisbury Steak, I was unable to find a recipe that had ingredients I had on hand. So here is my version.


1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped onions or 1 tsp. Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 can Mushroom soup
Salt and Pepper to taste

Most recipes will call for French Onion soup which I did not have on hand. So I improvised. First if your going to use onions saute them in a small amount of oil on the stove top. If not just add your onion powder to the breadcrumbs. Add ground meat to the bread crumbs and mix together well. Roll meat into balls and place in pan. Cook until brown. Add the soy sauce and allow meat to simmer for about 5 minutes. Add mushroom soup and 1 can of water. Combine mixture of soup and water. Let soup and meat simmer for about 25 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.

This is great over a bit of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment